Tech Toledo was created by Stuart Bertsch and Keith Instone in an attempt to create a local tech community. Keith is a local UX guru and works closely with local startups and regional businesses in the UX space. Stuart has worked on several tech startups and consults with local and national tech companies.
The idea started from a need to get local tech people together and showcase local noteworthy achievements. Within a few months several other groups with the same idea were created. Since we started Tech Toledo in October of 2011, the community has grown, evolved and has no shortage of places to meet, learn, and share information. Tech Toledo is no longer hosting meetings other than our yearly December Mixer for local groups to get together.
For anyone new to the Toledo tech community we recommend starting at the following links:
- Region’s tech culture starts reboot: about the September 21, 2014 Blade article by Jon Chavez.
- ToledoTechEvents.org: a community (open) calendar where people and groups can add events to raise awareness and help with planning.
- StartUp Toledo mailing list.
- 2014 Tech Groups to see what groups are active and links to join them.
- Some new things we are trying out: Jobs and Companies listings on this site.