We will be at a new location this year: the Collingwood Arts Center (see below for more about the venue).
What will stay the same:
- Largest social gathering of IT professionals, with lots of digital designers, tech entrepreneurs, and other community members in attendance
- Community groups, such as meet-ups, professional associations, and user groups, holding their “holiday parties” together
- Sponsors and exhibitors who financially show their support of the community
We will NOT have a “program” this year. Just socializing and mingling.
Tell your colleagues about the Mixer and invite them to join us! Use this Facebook event, for example.
About the Mixer
Tech Toledo invites members of the tech, design, and entrepreneur community to join us on Thursday December 6th for our 8th Annual Holiday Mixer.
The Mixer is our end-of-the-year community party and a celebration of the various tech-related groups (meetups, professionals associations, user groups). We welcome IT professionals, tech entrepreneurs, digital designers, business leaders, planners, engineers, government officials, marketing professionals, and anyone else interested in hanging out with the region’s tech community.
The Mixer is free for individuals to attend. You are responsible for paying for your own drinks. We are trying to get enough sponsors to pay for catered food for everyone. Individual registration is now open! Get your FREE ticket so we know you are coming. Tell us which community group you are with, if any.
Community group registration is still available!
Instead of having a separate “holiday party” for your group, have it with us! It is free for groups to participate. Group leaders promote the Mixer, invite their members, and ask them to register with us. In return, each group gets a spot at the event where members can hang out and prospective members can learn more about the group.
Community group leaders: Get a FREE “Community group” ticket on Eventbrite to participate in the Mixer. And then start promoting to your group!
Current list of participating groups:
- BiG Fab Lab meetup
- Code City
- Google Developer Group Toledo
- Greater Toledo Enterprise Architecture Group
- Northwest Ohio ACM-W Chapter
- Northwest Ohio .NET Users Group
- NWo365 User Group
- Open Toledo
- PMI Western Lake Erie Chapter
- Seed Coworking
- Toledo New Tech Meetup
- Toledo VMUG
- Toledo Web Professionals
- WordPress Toledo
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Organizations can also sponsor the Mixer! Sponsorship money shows your support of the community and helps cover the cost of the venue.
Sponsorship options (CLOSED):
- Basic: $50. Get a small version of your logo on things, and we will thank you profusely.
- Advanced: $100. We will display your logo and thank you even more profusely.
- Bar: $100. SOLD OUT! Be one of the two organizations that gets to say they sponsored the cash bar.
- Food: $200. SOLD OUT! Help pay for catered food for all to enjoy for free.
- Haunted tour: $200. SOLD OUT! Get 20 tickets to a Haunted Tour of the Collingwood Arts Center. Give the tickets to your employees, customers, Mixer attendees, or anyone brave enough.
Exhibitor options (CLOSED):
- Exhibitor: $300. Get a rectangular table at the Mixer to promote your organization. Greet attendees in the hallway as they enter, get food and drinks, and explore the venue.
- Library exhibitor: $500. Be the only exhibitor in the Library, a special room next to the theater. Host attendees for more intimate business discussions.
You can mix and match sponsorship and exhibitor choices to suit your needs. For example, you can be both an Exhibitor and a Haunted Tour sponsor. To get a ticket to the tour, attendees could have to stop by your exhibitor table.
Select from the list of sponsorship levels and exhibit choices on Eventbrite. Pay by credit card there, or contact us via email (email@example.com) to request an invoice.
Current list of sponsors:
|AVATAR||Haunted Tour Sponsor|
|BiG Fab Lab||Exhibitor|
|WTA Consulting||Food Sponsor|
|First Solar||Food Sponsor|
|Buchanan Van Tuinen||Food Sponsor|
|Black Kite Coffee||Coffee Sponsor|
|419Mining, LLC||Advanced Sponsor|
|BHR Company||Advanced Sponsor|
|Custom Training Solutions (a division of Northwest State Community College)||Advanced Sponsor|
|Perrysburg Energy||Advanced Sponsor|
|Dexterity User Experience||Basic Sponsor|
About the Venue
The 2018 Tech Toledo Holiday Mixer will be at the Collingwood Arts Center (2413 Collingwood Blvd, Toledo, OH 43620). The Mixer will take place in the Gerber House and in the hallway outside the Nelson Theater.
We selected this venue because of its unique Toledo history and setting (including a haunted past of the whole building, especially the Gerber House and its spooky basement). Experience an historical landmark as you meet with colleagues to discuss building our tech future.