Coworking, IT community dinner, & Start-up party on 12/13/2012
Three events are taking place on December 13th to celebrate what the Toledo Region technology and start-up community has accomplished in 2012 and to start planning for 2013. All are happening in the warehouse district of downtown Toledo (where there is plenty of parking, see below). Spend the day with us at all 3 events, or just participate in 1 or 2 of them.
WORK: Noon – 5:30pm: Free Coworking at Seed, 25 South St. Clair Street
If you heave heard about Seed but have not visited it yet, or if you are curious what coworking is about, or if you are just tired of working alone at a coffee shop, then we invite you to experience an afternoon at Seed Coworking, free of charge. Meet new folks, see what they are working on, ask for help from others, or just hang out in the coolest place to work in Toledo.
You can show up at Seed starting at noon, or drop by any time after. At 5:30pm, a large group of people will be walking to dinner…..
EAT: 5:30pm – 7:30pm: GeekDinner Mixer at Packo’s at the Park, 7 South Superior Street
Join area IT groups like NWNUG & Toledo Web Professionals at their annual Geek Dinner. Learn about new groups like Dev Toledo and OpenHack Toledo. Hear about events like Startup Weekend Toledo that happened earlier this year. More about the recap.
Have dinner with other IT folks and those who like to hang out with them in the largest social gathering of its kind this year.
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm: Socializing and networking
- 6:00pm – 6:30pm: Order food (each person pays for their own food & drink)
- 6:30pm – 7:00pm: Group introductions, 2012 recaps, plans for 2013
- 7:00pm – 7:30pm: More socializing and networking
At 7:30pm, a large group of people will be walking to the party…..
PARTY: 7:00pm – ?: StartUp Toledo Christmas Party at PizzaPapalis Toledo, 519 Monroe Street
The evening wraps up with a StartUp Toledo party to celebrate the region’s start-up community, innovators, entrepreneurs and creatives. Live music, cash bar and munchies to eat.
Cash donations will be accepted to benefit Family House of Toledo.
More information at the Facebook event.
Sponsored locally by Spoke, Whisper Labs, and University of Toledo Center for Creative Instruction.
WORK, EAT & PARTY with us on December 13th
Parking options (added on December 10th)
- If you are coming to Seed in the afternoon, we suggest street parking (free!) on S. St. Clair south of Lafayette. Try S. Superior or S. Huron street parking if that is full.
- If you are coming after 5pm, all street parking is free. There are spots right in front of Seed on S. St. Clair, more spots on N. St. Clair, more on S. Superior by Packo’s, and some on N. Huron by Pizza Papalis.
- If you are coming only for the dinner at Packo’s at the Park, then use the lot across the street from the restaurant. But you probably should not park there all day / all evening, since the lot is just for Packo’s customers.
- If you are willing to pay a few dollars to park in a lot all day, then the lot behind Seed, next to S. Summit, only costs a few dollars for the day.
- If you plan on partying at PizzaPapalis and want to park near there during the day so you have a short walk to the car at the end of the evening, then the Commodore Perry Garage may be your best bet. It is across Monroe street from the restaurant.
- If you like to park underground, you can use the Seagate garage (enter by the Park Inn on Summit).
- There are LOTS of other places to park (this part of town can handle Mud Hens games!), but most are pay lots. They do not cost much, but only street parking (in some areas) is free.